AST 1002: "Study Guide"
[Sections Taught by Prof. H.L. Cohen]
Site Map Prof. Cohen Department of Astronomy University of Florida
Last updated April 21, 2003
The following is list of outlines giving material contained in course topics. This list is reasonably complete but is subject to semester to semester variations. Regardless of the material in these outlines, students remain responsible for all material covered in class. (See class PowerPoint presentations.) Omit material in textbook not covered in class unless your professor specifically tells you otherwise.
Note: Your textbook is a valuable resource. If you do not understand a topic or need to know a definition or term, try looking up the material in the textbook's index or glossary. (A good dictionary can also help you with defintions and terms.)
Use these outlines as guides for studying and reviewing material for exams. However, it is your responsibility to keep abreast of possible additions, deletions, or changes to this list. (Tables, figures, examples, etc., given in these outlines refer to material in the printed Astronomy Study Guide.)
- Some questions in printed Study Guide may not be relevant for current term!
- Probable Study Guide questions to omit are given at the end of each topic outline.
- Updates to these outlines will be announced to subscribers of AST1002-L.
- An extra outline to help review for the final exam is listed above but may need revision by the the end of the semester.
(Notification of changes will be sent by e-mail.)
- Outlines do not list picture of the day slides. A few questions on each exam may ask about general information from these slides.
Recommended web browser to view this site is Netscape
Navigator 4.0 (or above) with video display supporting at least 256 colors.
High color (16 bit) or true color (24 bit) display is preferred.
||For comments and suggestions contact Howard L. Cohen at email@example.com
About this site (department disclaimer and recommended web browser)
© Copyright 1999-2003 Howard L. Cohen