Application Deadline: JANUARY 4, 2019
The Department of Astronomy at UF only considers graduate applications for the Fall semester. In order to receive full consideration for admissions to the graduate program, the prospective student must ensure that all application materials reach the University of Florida by the application deadline.
Before starting the application process, please review our Frenquetly Asked Questions (FAQ) document. Any additionals questions can be sent to email@example.com. We also encourage to visit the Graduate School website (graduateschool.ufl.edu) where you will find additional information, an application link, and additional forms. We encourage you also to explore our department website (www.astro.ufl.edu).
We require the following steps and materials to be submitted for consideration to admissions:
- Apply to the University of Florida online (click here; scroll down to Apply)
- Create an account and follow instructions to the application process.
- The application should include the following:
- Personal Statement
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (optional)
- Copy of official GRE general scores. The physics GRE is now optional; if you wish for your GRE Physics scores to be considered, you should also send a copy of these. An unofficial copy of the Physics GRE scores at the time of application is acceptable.
- unofficial copies of all undergraduate transcripts as well as any graduate coursework if taken
- Three letters of recommendation: please provide names & information of recommenders in the online application; they will receive an email on how to upload their letter.
- Payment of non-refundable application fee: $30 (payable online)
- The following materials MUST BE sent directly to the Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 114000, 201 Criser Hall, Gainesville FL 32611 USA
- Official university/college transcripts and conferring of bachelors degree.
- Official GRE general score – UF institution code 5812
- GRE scores MUST be submitted directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS)
In the event that any of the above materials cannot be uploaded through the online application process, please send them to Graduate Admissions Committee, Department of Astronomy, University of Florida, 211 Bryant Space Science Center, P.O. Box 112055, Gainesville FL 32611-2055.
In addition to all items listed in part II, please report your TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB scores online under the application section of Degree Programs. In addition to all items listed in part III, please send your official TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB scores to the Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 114000, 201 Criser Hall, Gainesville, FL 32611. See International Admissions for more information and exemptions.